Skills Gap Analysis, Skills Audit, Competency Assets
A skills audit is an investigative process for identifying, measuring and recording the existing skills or competencies of an individual, group, team, department or organisation.
A Skills Audit is a complementary process to a job role analysis. A Skills Audit identifies the currently existing skills whereas a JRA identifies the skills required.
Where there are existing defined competency standards for the job, the skills audit results are a compilation of the relevant national units of competency.
• define the existing skills of the target individual or group
• establish an understanding of the current skill and qualification base of the workforce
• provide intelligence for workforce development
• provide personnel with the opportunity to indicate training, development and retention priorities
• provide an opportunity for staff feedback on the job role and description
• allow both self and guided assessment formats
• establish benchmark results for future audits.
A Skills Audit performed in conjunction with a Job Role Analysis will provide the information on the precise skills gaps for an individual and job, department or organisation that allows a training needs analysis to document the focus for required training.
, Competency Profiling
, Skills Audit
, Skills Gap Analysis