Maintaining good oral hygiene is one of the most important things you can do for your teeth and your body. The importance of regular 6 monthly visits to your dental hygienist, along with good oral hygiene practices, cannot be over emphasised.
At your hygiene visit your dental hygienist will remove plaque and tartar from around your teeth and gums. A preventative program will be created for you and your hygienist will regularly check:
- Correct brushing and flossing techniques
- Routine digital dental x-rays
- Periodontal assessment and charting
- Dietary assessment and advice
- Dental product recommendations
- Oral health motivation