Advanced Exercise Programming - Power and Plyometric Testing
Gyms & Fitness Centres, Personal Development, Fitness Training
The aim of this course is to provide the fitness instructor with advanced skills of exercise prescription with power and plyometric training. It introduces a range of different techniques and applications that can be used with athletes from a variety of sports. This course explains the power training fundamentals including the load power spectrum. It provides numerous methods for implementing power exercises and explains in detail the theory of post-activation-potentiation. Throughout the course there are numerous practical demonstrations for barbell/medicine ball/cyclone ball exercises and an explanation of the four phases of plyometric steps for progression.
Mode of delivery: Face-to-face; On-line and distance education
The aims of this exciting course are to:
1. Explain the power training fundamentals, including the load power spectrum.
2. Provide numerous methods for implementing power exercises.
3. Explain the theory of post-activation-potentiation.
4. Provide practical demonstrations for barbell / medicine ball / cyclone ball exercises.
5. Explain the stretch shortening cycle and how it applies to plyometric training theory.
6. Explain the four phases of plyometric steps for progression.
Continuing Education Points
, Exercise Training
, Fitness Courses
, Fitness Industry
, Fitness Instructor
, Fitness Training
, Gyms & Fitness Centres
, Nutrition Courses
, Personal Development
, Professional Development