EBOS Healthcare introduces the Vernacare kidney dish, a far better alternative to plastic!
EBOS Healthcare Medical Supplies
Medical Equipment & Supplies, Hospital Equipment & Supplies, Hospital Supplies
The Vernacare kidney dish is now part of the Vernacare range of pulp products – a full line of single-use maceratable pulp containers that has been helping to advance infection prevention in hospitals and aged care facilities around the globe for more than 60 years.
Hospital Equipment & Supplies
Why is a single-use pulp kidney dish better of either single use and re-usable plastic options?
• The pulp kidney dish significantly reduces the spreading of infection from cross-contamination, as patients gets a clean dish every time
• No cleaning of autoclaving is required: the pulp kidney dish can be disposed of in macerators or in general waste, making it suitable for all types of healthcare facilities
• For the above reason a pulp kidney dish saves money, energy, water, and valuable nurses time versus reusable plastic dishes which need to be cleaned
• It is made from recycled paper and it is environmentally friendly - which cannot be said of a single-use plastic kidney dish
• It is stronger than a single-use plastic kidney dish
• It is cost efficient, with a cost to healthcare facilities that is comparable to a standard single-use plastic dish
Hospital Trials = Positive Results!
During the last 4 months EBOS Healthcare has conducted over 15 Kidney Dish trials in hospitals throughout Australia. The feedback from the majority of hospitals was extremely positive. One of the most satisfied customers during this trial was Fremantle Hospital, who are now using the Vernacare Kidney Dish throughout most of their wards!
To summarize the feedback from our trials, these are the main drivers of hospital’s positive reception of the Vernacare pulp kidney dish:
1. Single use over reusable. Most hospitals use both the disposable and reusable kidney dish, but they see the benefit of replacing them with thedisposable kidney dish only (price of pulp kidney dish is comparable with the
2. Biodegradable. Another example of hospitals going green. The Vernacare pulp kidney dish is biodegradable so it fits inthe future ‘green’ plans of most hospitals.
3. Reducing the risk of cross infections. No surprise here, as preventing infections is top of mind for most flagship hospitals.
, Hospital Supplies
, Medical Equipment & Supplies
, Pulp Kidney Dish
, Pulp Products