Registered Tax Agent and BAS Agent

By: Noel Business & Accounting Services  07-May-2011
Keywords: Accounting, Bookkeeping, Tax


If any entity as a person, partnership or company provides Tax or BAS services for a fee or other reward, they are required to be registered as a Tax agent or BAS agent. It is illegal to charge a fee for preparing an income tax return or transacting business on behalf of a taxpayer in taxation matters unless they are registered as a Tax agent or BAS agent with Tax Practitioners Board.

As required by the Tax Agent Services Act 2009 (TASA) and the Tax Agent Services Regulations 2009 (Regulations), details of each agent’s registration is to be made available to the public on the Register of registered and deregistered tax agents and BAS agents.

You can go to the Tax Practitioners Board website to find out if your bookkeeper or accountant is a registered Tax agent or BAS agent.

Keywords: Accounting, Bookkeeping, Bookkeeping Service, Income Tax Returns, Public Accountant, Registered Tax Agent, Tax, Tax Accountants, Tax Agent, Tax Preparation, Tax Return Accountant, Taxation Services

Contact Noel Business & Accounting Services


Print this page