Stockpiled Annual Leave unhealthy for your Business
Human Resource Management, People Management, Workforce Management
According to Tourism Australia's No Leave, No Leave Campaign, Aussie workers have amassed an astounding 129 million days of annual leave worth up to $40bn in wages. What effect could this be having on your bottom line?
Excessive amounts of stockpiled leave can be a huge liability sitting on the balance sheet for employers – with Andrew McEvoy, Tourism Australia’s Managing Director, advising that it’s well worth planning for and addressing the challenges associated with accumulated annual leave.
This is particularily important when you consider that, employees who don’t take annual leave can often demonstrate higher levels of depression or stress compared to those who do take their holidays.
McEvoy advises that, “there are easy-to-implement methods employers can use to encourage a leave-taking culture, with clear benefits to be gained such as building and engaging with a productive employee community.”
The “No Leave, No Life” campaign championed by Tourism Australia, allows enables organisations to tackle the issue of stockpiled annual leave. The campaign website features an employer resources toolkit with a series of modules and practical case studies to assist with implementing a successful annual leave program.
Some of the key focus areas include:
* Identifying challenges facing management such as pressure to meet targets, lack of reporting, competing priorities
* Integrating leave-planning into current processes to ensure adequate coverage
* Engaging employees – CEO, management and HR commitment is critical to success
Do you know how much leave your employees have stockpiled?
An automated time and attendance management system can help you effectively manage leave and holiday planning processes by:
* Keeping a central repository of all employee leave records, tracking all leave types such as Vacation or Personal leave
* Calculating leave eligibility based on an employee’s hours worked and hire date
* Generating real time absence management and vacation planning reports
* Creating work schedules that take in account employees on leave, thus ensuring you have sufficient cover to meet customer or project demands and deadlines
In addition, Employee Self Service functionality empowers your staff to check their own leave records and entitlements, and request/book leave online without having to converse with their supervisor or HR.
If you would like find out more about effective Leave Management and Holiday Planning contact Mitrefinch today on 1300 884 331 or email [email protected]
For more information on “No Leave, No Life” and access to employer resources visit: http://noleavenolife.com/employer/
Employee Management System
, Employee Scheduling
, Employee Self Service
, Employee Time Attendance
, Employee Tracking
, Human Resource Management
, Mobile Time and Attendance
, Payroll and Human Resources Solutions
, People Management
, People Management Software
, Time and Attendance
, Time and Attendance Software
, Time Management Systems
, Workforce Management