Psychotherapy/Counselling for Adults
Dr Sophie Reid
Depression, Anxiety, Marriage & Family Counsellors
Many people struggle to juggle commitments, keep positive, and stay on top of things; all of us have difficult times. A psychologist can help when the problems you are experiencing get in the way of you living the life you want.
Sophie specialises in helping adults with:
- Post-natal depression
- Stress management
- Adjustment issues (e.g. coping with difficult times such as divorce, death, chronic illness)
- Work related stress and bullying
- Insomnia and sleep difficulties
- Trauma (including childhood trauma)
- Grief and loss
- Interpersonal and relationship difficulties
- Drug and alcohol Issues
- Addiction (including gambling, internet, adult websites).
Take a look at the following checklist to determine if you or your child would benefit from seeing a psychologist:
• The difficulty is becoming worse rather than better over time.
• The problem interferes with everyday living – i.e. work, uni, self-care, household duties/chores.
• The problem is affecting important relationships.
• You are feeling helpless, hopeless and at a loss as to what to do about it.
• The problem leads you to avoid doing things you normally enjoyed (i.e going out, going to particular places like the park, cinema, shops, spending time with people, sports, hobbies).
If you answered yes to any of these points, then seeing a psychologist is likely to be helpful for you.
, Anger Management
, Anxiety Counselling
, Clinical Psychologist
, Counselling Service
, Depression Counselling
, Depression Therapy
, Family Counselling
, Grief Counselling
, Marriage & Family Counsellors
, Marriage Counselling
, Natal Depression
, Post Natal Depression
, Relationship Counselling
, Stress Counselling
, Stress Management