POST SCHOOL OPTIONS
Cowra Special Needs Services
Vocational Training, Social Skills, Behaviour Management
Community Participation/Life Choices Programs - The Community Participation Program is designed to assist young adults with a disability to identify goals and develop plans for the future. Post School Options provides opportunities to meet the needs of school leavers and assists them to reach their own potential as individuals.
The program offers a range of recreational and social opportunities and provides assistance with the development of living skills and community integration. Post School Options can also provide access to specialists in behaviour management and the program operates from wheelchair accessible premises.
Transition to Work Program - Post School Options also manages the Transition to Work program which offers:
- Planned, measurable pre-vocational training to individuals
- Planned and individualised support in identifying the range of further education, training and employment opportunities
- Individualised support to access further education, training or employment opportunities
- Planned and individualized support in the development of skills
- Development of an Individual Transition Plan (ITP) which outlines a pre-vocational training plan and the roles and responsibilities of those involved including accredited training providers and evaluation and review of the plan in regards to the quality and effectiveness in meeting identifies needs and goals.
Each plan is reviewed periodically in consultation with the individual, their family and carer to ensure that the plan responds to the individuals changing needs, including consideration of Aboriginality, culture, religion, age, gender and support needs.
Some of the regular activities enjoyed by Cowra Post School Options services users include:
Dancing and Discos
Riding for the disables
, Social Skills
, Vocational Training