Children’s Dentist Castle Hill
Sedation dentistry is used to provide a relaxing and anxiety-free experience for the patients receiving dental treatment. It enables individuals who are too afraid to visit a dentist to receive the dental care while avoiding the common apprehension known as dental phobia. This dental phobia is not only jeopardizing their dental health but also playing havoc with their overall health status. Modern dentistry offers vast variety of tools and options that make necessary treatments not only tolerable but also make the patient more comfortable and relaxed by creating a soothing, anxiety-free environment; sedation dentistry being one of them.
What Is Sedation?
Dental sedation is a safe and effective method used to establish a relaxed, tranquillized state of mind, and calm condition while administering sedatives to the dental patients. Dental sedative drugs such as tranquillizers, depressants, anti-anxiety medications, nitrous oxide, etc. can be administered in a number of ways to relieve anxiety and reduce sensitivity to dental pain.
Types of Dental Sedation
The three most common forms of dental sedation are:
Inhalation sedation (also known as “laughing gas”, “happy gas”, nitrous oxide, “gas and air”, relative analgesia).
Oral sedation (anti-anxiety pills or a liquid).
Intravenous (IV) sedation (drugs administered into the blood-stream through a vein – that’s what “intravenous” stands for)
Why opt for Sedation Dentistry?
Dental patients find sedation dentistry appealing for a variety of reasons:
• No dreaded needles – Oral medication is used so there are no IV needles involved in the sedation process.
• No need of longer dental visits – Sometimes, a dental treatment that would otherwise require 2 – 3 visits can be completed in a single visit.
• Help for those who can’t get numb – Patients who had suffered traumatic dental experience and had troubles getting numb find sedation quite useful as it helped them achieve profound anesthesia, allowing them to be comfortable and deeply relaxed during the dental treatment.
• Relief for jaw pain sufferers – Chronic or persistent TMJ jaw pain can make it sometimes impossible for the dental patients to keep their mouth open during dental treatments.
• Relief from nerves and anxiety – Many patients simply abhor the sounds of dental instruments, sensations, and smells related to dental treatment. If you have anxiety or simply hate the dental treatment environment, sedation dentistry can be an excellent solution to help you eliminate all your dental fears and anxieties.
Multicare Dental Clinic offers all levels of sedation form Light Nitrous Oxide “Laughing Gas” to moderate Oral and IVSedation. Our affordable dental sedation services can be used for all dental procedures, ranging from simple cleaning to root canal therapy to composite fillings, dental implants, crowns, crowns and veneers. Now, you don’t need to become anxious about your dental appointment or postpone it anymore as you have sedation dentistry as the best available option for you.