DANGEROUS GOODS LICENSING
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
For persons who wish or are required by law to obtain a dangerous goods drivers licence.
Full Course $290 ~ Not Including licensing fee charged by NSW office of Environment and Heritage
ABOUT THE COURSE
This course provides the knowledge of dangerous goods road transport legislation and the Australian Dangerous Goods Code (ADG 7).
Upon successful completion of the course the driver is able to approach their State or Territory Regulatory Authority and apply for the issue of that State or Territory’s Driver Authorisation/Licence.
The two day course covers all aspects of the ADG Code and the relevant legislation including Classification, Marking, Documentation, Stowage and load restraint, Segregation and Compatibility plus Responsibilities of the individuals involved.
A dangerous goods driver licence is only required for transport of dangerous goods in the following cases:
- - In a receptacle with a capacity of more than 500L.
- - If there is more than 500kg in a single receptacle.
- - In the case of intermediate bulk containers (IBCs), where the total capacity of all IBCs is more than 3000L or where any IBC is filled or emptied while on the vehicle.
LICENCE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
To drive a licensed dangerous goods vehicle you must hold a dangerous goods driver licence. Most licences are now valid for five years.
In NSW the Dangerous Goods Drivers Licence is issued by The Office of Environment and Heritage.
To apply for a driver licence you need to:
- - Complete the training course provided by 123 Training Solutions ~ An approved training provider.
- - Be medically fit ~ Complete the required
- - Have a satisfactory driving history. ~ You must include a RMS (RTA) Driving History report which has been issued within the last six (6) months. Obtained from a RMS(RTA) office not online.
- - Provide identification. ~ Passport-sized photographs and a photocopy of the front of your vehicle driver’s licence.
- - Send the complete application form and pay the application fee. ~ currently $57*
Participants will receive a Statement of Attainment. TBDGLIC001A Preparation and Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road.
Due to regulatory changes, whether you require a license for the first time or simply need to renew your existing licence, the duration of the course is 2 days.