Balanced Life Osteopathy Brookvale
Back Pain, Neck Pain, Chiropractor
What is Osteopathy?
Osteopathy is a form of whole body healthcare that looks at maintaining the normal balance between the body's many systems through focusing treatment on the musculo-skeletal system and its components including muscles, tendons, joints, connective tissue and ligaments.
Osteopaths believe that a normally functioning musculo-skeletal system plays an important role in wellness, disease avoidance and recovery. Treatment can provide relief for conditions affecting the musculo-skeletal, nervous, circulatory, respiratory and immune systems.
How do Osteopaths treat?
Osteopaths have highly developed skills allowing them to utilise a vast amount of techniques suited to individual patients. The techniques employed are safe, gentle and effective. These include;
• Massage: which helps promote circulation and relaxation of the associated muscles.
• Muscle Energy Technique (MET): a stretching technique used to treat a loss of range of motion at a joint whereby contracted muscles are released by being stretched and forced to work against resistance.
• Strain/Counterstrain Techniques: The Osteopath positions a joint and muscle in such a way that minimises stimulation by the nerves, allowing the muscles to relax. Relaxation results in restoration of range of motion and resolution of pain.
• Functional techniques: The dysfunctional joint in maneuvered to a position which facilitates easier movement of the joint in all directions.
• Joint Manipulation: A small high velocity thrust is applied through a joint to help reduce pain and restriction at that segment. Patients may hear a 'pop' sound when this is undertaken.
, Heel Pain
, Lower Back Pain
, Neck Pain
, Sports Injuries