Top Dog Timber Floor Insulation use Expanded Polystyrene (EPS), a scientifically innovative material devised in Germany in 1930. EPS fits snugly between floor joists to ensure your home is protected from the extreme temperatures underneath your floor.
Benefits of Expanded Polystyrene (EPS):
- Stops heat entering in summer and escaping in winter.
- Especially suited to pole homes or homes with exposed timber floors.
- Saves you around 12% on your heating bill.
- The flame retardant polystyrene panels have a 50 year warranty.
- Ageing of the panels does not affect thermal efficiency.
Expanded Polystyrene (EPS):
- Is completely recyclable
- Contains no CFC's (Chlorofluorocarbon) - for better ozone protection
- Reduces energy when heating and cooling due to its insulation properties
- Made of 98% air - an effective use of raw materials
- Lightweight qualities reduce usage of transport fuels
- Highly resistant to breakage, thus minimising wastage
Why install under floor insulation?
Insulating floors makes sense - not only do you make your home cosy, but you also reduce energy, saving you money and helping the planet at the same time.
What you spend now on insulation will pay itself off quickly, leaving you all the more warmer. Even if your house currently has a thin and ineffective layer of insulation, it is well worth considering adding an extra layer on top.
Under floor insulation helps create a dryer home, thus reducing dampness, a common problem in Sydney leading to poor health.
Avoid wasting energy heating a room with cold and draughty floorboards - there is only so much heat that will stay in an uninsulated room. So contact us today to arrange a meeting - you'll feel warmer if you do!