2. All operators of Up-Lift elevated work platform are expected to participate in the training covering Prevention of Fall and Using an Elevated Work Platform. Ensure that the operator is authorized to perform the machine.
3. After delivery, the platform should be checked by the site safety engineer. Only machines with ‘Permit to Use’ plate on are allowed to be used.
4. Operators of the aerial work platform must follow the operating procedures and guidelines.
5. Operators of the aerial work platform must check the machine before use on a daily basis, and fill out the log book as required.
6. The standard aerial work platform should be operating on a flat and firm surface.
7. All outriggers must be inserted properly in position.
8. Operators of the aerial work platform must follow local safety regulations and wear full-body safety harness if this is required for the type of machine.
9. Operators must not leave the platform while machine is in the raised position.
10. Elevated work platform operating area must be properly fenced offs and unauthorized persons should not be allowed near.
11. Supervisor’s responsibilities: ensure sign label is well maintain and displayed; to prohibit unauthorized personnel entering into the operating area; to prevent other machinery equipment touching elevated work platform or its outriggers; observing elevated work platform working condition, maintaining contact with operator on the platform, reminding operator with correct operating procedure, avoiding work platform bumping into building, power lines, material or any other equipment.
12. Self-propelled aerial work platform must not be used as material handling machine.
13. Do not climb onto the cage rail, or standing on the mid-rail to gain extra height.
14. Elevated height must not exceed the maximum platform height.
15. Do not operate the work platform near an overhead power line.
16. Do not exceed the maximum rated load.
17. Make sure platform is fully lowered before moving.
18. Platform can only be moved on low speed.
19. All tools, materials and equipments should be securely attached onto the platform, to prevent potential injury to personnel both on and below the platform.