This course is designed to provide the student with the skills and knowledge required to prepare and transport Dangerous Goods whilst complying with state regulations.
Regulations state that:
A person who is responsible for management or control of a task must not employ, engage or permit someone else to perform the task if the other person;
* has not received, or is not receiving, appropriate instruction and training to ensure that he or she is able to perform the task safely and in accordance with this regulation.
- * is not appropriately supervised in performing the task to ensure that he or she is able to perform the task safely and in accordance with this Regulation.
This course is linked to the following unit of competency:
The course is conducted over a period of four (4) hours and covers the following areas of Dangerous Goods:
- * Dangerous Goods identification
- * Loading and unloading of Dangerous Goods
- * Segregation
- * Placarding Placard loads
- * Dangerous Goods documentation
- * Emergency Procedures
- * Legislations and Regulations
- * Vehicle requirements for transporting Dangerous Goods
- * PPE requirements for transporting Dangerous Goods
On the successful completion of this course, the student will be issued with a Certificate of Participation.
A Statement of Attainment for TLID3027A Prepare for Transport of Dangerous Goods can be issued after a 30 day observation checklist is completed by the students Supervisor/Manager and returned to BE Logistics Training. This provides evidence that the student has performed the required skills over a period of time, as required in the Critical Aspects of Evidence for the Unit of Competency.
For more information visit us at our website.