State / Territory limitation on nominations
OZNZ Visa Solutions
On 05 August 2013, the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) announced that state and territory governments are not able to nominate any intending migrants from the following occupations for a points tested visa:
• Chemical and Materials Engineers;
• ICT Business and Systems Analysts;
• Electronics Engineers:
• Telecommunications Engineering Professionals;
• Other Engineering Professional; and
• Software and Applications Programmers.
As a result of this announcement, the ACT is now NOT able to confirm ACT nomination of the above six occupations on SkillSelect.