- How can Darth Fader charge up his light saber when the batteries go flat? Perhaps he needs to make a power generator to create electricity.
- Why won’t Robin Hoodie’s arrows fly straight? Is it something to do with aerodynamics?
- How can Captain Jill Sparrow find sunken treasure when her treasure map is written in invisible ink? If only she could understand chemistry to make the message appear.
- Superman gets his strength from the sun but where can Super Dooper Man get his energy? Can the food pyramid help him understand nutrition?
- Harry Potplant can do almost any type of magic, but can he read minds? Maybe a magic maths code could help.
- How can Indiana Bones find the Sphinx’s nose in Cleopatra’s pyramid? Perhaps multiplication, fractions and Pythagoras’ Theorem could help him work out the dimensions.
On stage students see their favourite action movie heroes using Maths & Science concepts in exciting experiments on stage. With hysterical comedy and song & dance numbers, this is a highly interactive show where students are constantly asked to be volunteers on stage and become part of the action.
Suitable for: Kinder/Prep to Grade 6
Key Themes: Maths, Science, Problem Solving.
Key Learning Areas: Maths, Science, Drama, Dance and Music.
Adventurescope runs for around 50 minutes (plus question & answer time), and is performed by a cast of 2 performers. It includes a portable stage, backdrop curtain, full sound system & headset microphones, lighting, lots of costume changes, 8 characters, 6 songs & 6 different maths & science experiments on stage.