"Franipeni",Personal Garden Trainer, is a qualified teacher/trainer who has studied horticulture (Burnley College) and over the past 10 years has successfully run her own horticultural business. Franipeni is an accredited 'Green Gardener' (SGA), organic gardener, and enthusiastic about permacultural.
As a Personal Garden Trainer, Franipeni's desire is:
* to instill in clients a passion and joy for gardening!
* to teach clients basic gardening skills so that they may develop an interest and progress from there, confidently creating and maintaining their own beautiful garden spaces, ultimately saving themselves thousands of dollars by doing the work themselves!
* to encourage clients to garden organically, to enrich their soil with 'good stuff', and to counteract garden pests, weeds and diseases in an environmentally friendly way.
Franipeni will come to your garden, and during the training session/s, these are some of the skills you can learn:
- Choose and use the right tools for the job.
- Understand why certain plants are not growing as well as they should in specific areas of your garden.
- Simple ways to improve the quality of your soil.
- The importance of mulching your garden.
- How to correctly prune plants (eg. roses, hydrangeas, climbers, perennials).
- Recognise and manage garden pests, weeds and diseases.
- Choose plants most suited to your garden.
- Create attractive garden themes (eg. herb, vegetable, cottage, Japanese styles).
- Rejuvenate your current garden.
- Transplant successfully.
- Develop a more drought tolerant garden.
- Create your own efficient composting system.
- Choose the right water tank for your garden.
- Install a simple, economical watering system.
Discover that gardening can be FUN - and keep you fit and healthy!