Balancing valves, also known as double regulating valves or commissioning valves, are installed in the pipework of hot water heating systems and cooling systems. These valves are installed on either the supply or return to regulate the flow thus achieving balance between the various circuits of the system.
The 787 series balancing valves are made by Cimberio in Italy and are of excellent quality. These valves are equivalent to the STAT valve type balancing valves, but are extremely well priced, in some cases, as much as 50% less expensive than some of the leading brands.
The required values of presetting for flow rates can be obtained from the flow charts provided. The balancing valve incorporates a variable orifice measurement device with 2 test points for the measurement of differential pressure, as is the most common balancing method in Australia.
The main features of Cim 787 balancing valves are as follows:
· A thread locking mechanism so that valve settings can be accurately locked enabling the valve to be closed and re-opened to its exact pre-set position.
· Allen key locking of valve positions.
· A valve position indicator scale which can be read from any angle.
· An EPDM lined valve plug providing tight shut-off for isolation purposes.
· Pressure Class: PN20. Temperature: -10°C÷120°C